Bhakti Vedanta Youth Forum
Youth Programs for Boys
BhaktiVedanta Youth Forum (BYF) is the youth wing of International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Srila Prabhupada, ISKCON'S Founder Acharya, always wanted young Indians to take up Krishna Consciousness very seriously in their own lives and help to spread it all over the world, fulfilling the order of Lord Caitanya. BHAKTIVEDANTA YOUTH FORUM offers a nourishing package of lifestyle management to keep the body and soul in good shape and provides a meaningful purpose to students' academic pursuits. Inevitably, the younger generation blossoms to become an asset to the society
The Bhaktivedant Youth Forum (BYF) Mira Road is an expanding group of young devotees, who wish to practice spirituality seriously. The BYF has a mix of devotees in the age group of 15-30 years, who come from a variety of background. Some of them are highly educated students like CA, CS, MBA, MCA etc. whereas others are young businessmen or serving in an organization. Within this wide spectrum of people the common binding thread however is the same, and that is ‘Krishna’. The BYF at Mira Road consists of 40-50 regular members, who contribute for the growth of the ISKCON Movement. The youth forum concept was initiated by H.G. Kamal Lochan Prabhu (B.E Marine Eng.) & H.G.Vanamali Prabhu (BSc. Phy.),to promote Krishna Consciousness amongst the young generation, which is exposed to uncertainties of life.
Mission To develop personality and build up character of youth, to give a real meaning to their lives, to live a God-centered life of purity and dedication with love and trust amongst one another.
The BYF trains the youth in Krishna Conscious philosophy, by conducting the following activities:
1) Weekly Programmes: Weekly Programmes and Council Meetings are conducted at various places between Vasai and Malad, to help the youth advance in spiritual life. A senior devotee gives a discourse that is attended by aspiring devotees. Some of these programs are open to all, whereas others are exclusively for members. The topics covered in such discussions usually are the teachings of the Bhagavad-Gita, Vaishnava Etiquettes, and Practicing Krishna Consciousness in regular life, etc. These programs are conducted in English or Hindi.
2) Sunday Love Feast: The youth undertake services like leading Kirtans and doing Prasadam distribution. They also meet other guests and invitees and inspire them to participate in Krishna Consciousness. Sunday Program For Youths 11am @ 102, 1st Flr, Bhaktivedanta Swami Ashram, ISKCON-MiraRoad. Youth Nagar Sankirtan starting from ISKCON-Mira Road time: 5.30pm.
3) Bhagavad-Gita course: The BYF arranges and organizes six-session course on the teachings of Bhagavad-Gita, which is the most practical scripture spoken for mankind ever. There have been more than 50 such courses organized, and thousands of people benefitted. Such programs have been conducted at several places across the whole of Mumbai. The week-long course is held in the evenings for 2 hours daily, at a very nominal registration fee. This includes course material and Prasadam on all the days. Many youngsters have been taking interest in such courses and have been benefitted.
4) Festivals: ISKCON Mira road temple celebrates many festivals round the year. The youth play an important role in such festivals by volunteering themselves for various services and making the festivals successful. The youths have participated in activities like Book-Distribution, Fund Raising, Youth-stall arrangement, Arts and Dramas, Guest reception, Event Management etc. Festivals like Krishna Janmashtaini and Jagannath Rathyatra are attended by thousands of youths everyyear.
5) Spiritual Picnics and Tours: The members of BYF organize spiritual tours and picnics to various places, generally out of the hush and bush of the city, to gain a first-hand experience of spirituality and strengthen bond amongst its members. On an average, the lYF conducts 5-6 such picnics every year. Spiritual retreats have earlier been organized at Vasai, Karjat, Pune, Surat, Baroda, Pandharpur, Sri Dham Vrindavan, Sri Dham Mayapur to name a few. Shradha Camp Photos
6) College Preaching Programs: The BYF members hold preaching programs in various colleges, wherein discourses pertaining to specific problems of the youth are addressed with a spiritual viewpoint. A student-specific program called as DISHA is conducted in colleges, which aims at giving direction to misdirected young students of today.
"Just produce one nice Krishna Conscious youth. It will be a great service to Krishna and recognition of your nice service. Youth are our most potential source of converts to Krsna Consciousness. There is immense field for preaching amongst the youth and in all parts of the country, so do not hesitate to take the bold step forward and invite everyone to become devotee of Krsna. by Srila Prabhupada"